Sunday, February 8, 2009

Where does he get those wonderful toys?

I was recently watching "Batman Returns" and came to the conclusion that out of everyone who has played Batman in the movies that Michael Keaton is my favorite.  I know people are going to disagree with me and start the argument that Christian "Potty Mouth" Bale is the best.   But I think those people are wrong.  While I generally like the newer movies better, Batman himself could be better.


And I think I know the reason...

The crazy growly voice CB uses as Batman drives me nuts.  Why does he think Batman needs to sound like he has throat cancer?  Does he think he has such a distinctive voice that the people of Gotham would know it was him?  None of the other Batmen felt the needs to growl.

And yes, I know this is a darker Batman (though I thought Batman was at his darkest when he went through NippleGate).  But the need to use a gimmicky voice to make yourself seem dark just weakens the character.

So all you comic people can nerd out on me, but if asked in a poll I would have to say my favorite Batman was the original*, Michael Keaton.

~The Office Scribe

* Original meaning in the movies.  Don't even get me started on the TV show.

No comments:

Post a Comment