But what confuses me is why the people who live in the condo above me are running their AC unit. It has been running steady for I would say about the past two months. When they turned it on I was still covering my plants at night afraid they might die from frost. This is something that has been bothering me; wondering why they are running their AC so much. Personally I went all last summer without turning it on once and I plan to do so this summer (The house I grew up in didn't have it so I am not used to it.)
So I did the only logical thing I could do - came up with a list of possible reasons as to why they are running their AC when it isn't hot outside.
THEY ARE FROM THE ARCTIC CIRCLE
- There they were, a happy couple all snug in their igloo until Chptah got a transfer to the Chicago suburbs where they can't deal with the heat. So the only relief he can find is in the comfort of the magical cold box which reminds him so much of home.
SOMEONE ELSE PAYS THEIR COM-ED BILL
- Seriously, I don't even want to know how much higher their electric bill might be than mine. Aside from not liking AC one of the reasons I don't turn it on is because I don't want to spend the money to run it. If this thing has been running 24-7 for 60 days I can only assume they have found themselves some sort of Utility Sugar Daddy. Personally I would have mine pay for cable, but to each his own.
THEY SUFFER FROM COLIC
- Even though they are grown ups they still need the hum of a piece of machinery to sooth them to sleep. And since the washer and dryer are harder to curl up on, the AC unit was the next logical choice.
THEY SELL EXOTIC MEATS
- Much like the movie "The Freshman", sometimes people want to eat Siberian Tiger or Komodo Dragon. And since neither of those will fit into a Frigidaire then the only way to keep all that pricey, illegal meat fresh is to drop the temp of your apartment down to freezing.
- Honestly, this was the first place my mind went because, well, that is how my mind works. I am sure, like the dragon meat, they need to keep the place cool so no one smells the rotting corpses. Now, I am not saying they killed anyone, hell, it might be some way to scam insurance or social security, but I am like 89% there is a non-breathing body up there.
What do you think?
~ The Office Scribe