Monday, May 4, 2009

National Nerd Day: May the 4th Be With You

In honor of Star Wars Day I thought I would share some fun Star Wars facts about yours truly.

1) Sometime during my freshman year in high school I developed a love for Darth Vader.  Why?  Because every girl wants someone tall, dark, and voiced by the same guy who says "This is CNN"

2) One of the best birthday presents I ever received was a full size Darth Vader standup.  Here is a picture of him in my shower at my last party.





3) Another great birthday present - An autographed poster of Darth Maul signed by Ray Park my friend got me from a ComicCon.  Well, I guess it wasn't a birthday present because my friend gave it to me in July and my birthday is in February.  But when I asked him why it said "Happy Birthday, Love Ray Park" he told me he panicked when Mr. Park asked him what to write.



4) The year Episode I came out, the one with Darth Maul, I went to Toys R' Us and bought myself a double-sided Light Saber.  And I carried it around everyday in school until the movie came out.  And the strange thing is, I wasn't really a nerd in high school.  I was just really, really weird.

5) My car license plate has a reference to Darth Vader on it.  Because nothing says "Welcome to the Dark Side" like a salsa-red Dodge Neon.

6) I own the Star Wars Christmas album.

7) I do a really good impression of a Wookie.  Ask my mom.

8) According to some website I just Googled, my Star Wars name is Amanma Kohin, Norcho of Bor

9) The only beach towels I own have Star Wars characters on them.

10) My mom bought me a Darth Vader mask that changed my voice for Christmas one year.  I was 18 when she got it for me.

So yeah, I am not so much a Star Wars fan as much as I am a Darth Vader & Darth Maul fan.

'Cause those guys are hotties.

~The Office Scribe



1 comment:

  1. Wait a minute...I used to have a red Dodge Neon.

    I have a stand up of Darth Vader.

    That's about all, but still. We could be twins, separated by birth to hide us from our father and the evil Emperor.

    Well, other than the fact that I had been out of high school for 4 years when Ep I came out.

    ReplyDelete