Sunday, March 8, 2009

The "B" in Plan B stands for BABY

Yesterday was a little crazy around my place because I was preparing for a nice little going away party for a co-worker.  Anyone who has ever thrown a party knows the drill.  Cooking, cleaning, stashing stuff in closets and under beds because you can't find a place for it, setting up the life-size Darth Vader in the shower to surprise people who feel the need to peek in there, etc, etc, etc.

Since I am so busy I generally am not paying attention to what is on TV.  But in the midst of shoving papers from my desk into the drawers the voice-over on a commercial caught my attention.

It was for one of the those morning after after pills and it had one of the most obvious introductions I have ever heard.

"The morning after your birth control fails it might feel like you're all alone.  But you're not."

Now what I am sure the Ad team was aiming for was that you are not alone because there is the option of Plan B out there.  But my mind, and I am sure the mind of every other semi-intelligent person would think, was:

OF COURSE YOU ARE NOT ALONE.  YOUR BIRTH CONTROL FAILED.  YOU ARE WITH CHILD!!!

Sometimes I think Ad Execs are so caffeined up with lattes that they don't stop and think about what they are telling to the consumer.

~ The Office Scribe

2 comments:

  1. I Laugh everytime i hear that commercial

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. OMG what if that was actually part of the commercial: "The morning after your birth control fails it might feel like you're all alone. But you're not. You now have a baby" or what if that was in those fast comments at the end of the commercial: side effects may include headache, diarrhea, dry mouth and pregnancy. LOL ok, I'm done

    ReplyDelete