Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sometimes You Just Can't Be Bothered

A short story about how bloody lazy I was on Friday...

Sometimes I spend the weekend at my mom's place, which means I leave straight after work and head an hour and a half north.

Last Friday, I was 45 minutes into my drive and suddenly couldn't remember if I had turned my humidifier off.  And the cheapass one I bought doesn't have an auto switch off.  Which means, when it runs out of water the heating element stays out.  This could possibly cause a fire.

So I turned around and went back home to check, right?

Nope.  I kept driving with the belief that if my apartment started to burn the management company would call me.

Seriously, I checked my phone about a dozen times this weekend, sure I was going to have a message from them saying "We aren't sure how it started but the entire building is gone.  And we think it originated in your unit."

Luckily, that call never came and when I came home today I did, in fact, turn the thing off.

My god I need to sort out my priorities.

~ The Office Scribe

1 comment: